Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ode to Dad



Ok, so the title is a little misleading. I'm not writing an ode. I'm definitely not feeling that poetic this morning. But I do want to publicly acknowledge how amazing my dad is.

I'm sorry I missed posting this before your birthday, Dad, but consider this an extension of the celebration.

From you I learned how to laugh at myself and the world around me; how to enjoy literature and popular fiction alike; how to drive a stick-shift and change my tires and oil (skills which still continue to impress my mechanic husband); how to be proud of my own achievements and still happy for those I love; how to enjoy a horrible pun; how to value myself as a woman and as a person. Thank you, Dad, for all you've taught me. I wouldn't be the woman I am without you. Happy Birthday with all my love.



Is it any wonder we wanted Little Man to share a name with this great man? I love you Dad!!!

No comments: