Saturday, January 19, 2008

I never claimed I didn't have issues.. .

Welcome to my dear, dear TwilightMom friends. I'm so glad you've come to see my blog!

Speaking of Twilight, I was thinking that I ought to explain the title of my blog a little. Then, I thought better of it. If you want to know why Forks often equates with Heaven in my mind right now, GO READ TWILIGHT!!! K, enough ranting.

So, on to tonight's blog. Rae told me I should blog about tonight's topic, and I've put it off for days. You see, I really truly do think that I have issues. But I'm far too embarassed to admit what my real ones are. . .except to a very few. And even they only know part of what they think they know. Mostly because I know how blessed my life has been--and I simply don't think that I deserve to have issues. I realize, that sounds like an issue in and of itself--and it probably is. But really, my life has been so good, what right have I to claim that I have any trials that others should be sympathetic to? I should be the one who has all the resources to give back to those around me. I should be the one listening and trying to help. And I shouldn't ever have a bad day, let alone a bad streak (or heaven forbid actually feel depressed) because I REALLY TRULY have been blessed. And I know it. So, the more I think and write about it, the more I realize that I actually have issues about having issues. Is that really messed up? Probably, but like I said before: I never claimed I didn't have issues. . . .

5 comments:

Rae said...

I thought about leaving my usual funny comment but I think you have brought out a really good point. I know many women, myself included, that feel the same way. What right have we to be unhappy in anyway when we have ____. Fill in the blank with whatever blessing you enjoy. Be it a great husband and kids, job, the gospel, family, friends, etc.... The list can go one forever.
But, the point I want to make is just because we have a multitude of great things doesn't mean we won't have to suffer the sad or bad things right along side of it.....Maybe that will become my blog for today....

Georgia said...

Having issues is what makes us more interesting ;) I have oh so many issues!

xoxo

Amy said...

I have this same problem. I am a bundle of issues! I find myself feeling guilty because of them. I've learned to just accept my issues as part of who I am and really try to not focus on them.

Of course that's easier said than done, but I do try. That's the important part, right?

Kathy Habel said...

We all have issues! Glad you share!

Kathy Habel said...

You are the funniest person ever! I love you to death! Can't wait for Forks!