Sunday, January 6, 2008

Random Late Night Thoughts

I’ve been thinking a lot about self-control and discipline lately. Probably because I’m severely lacking in both categories. I’ve added more than 5 pounds in the last month. I haven’t even tried to resist all the goodies the holidays have offered. I’ve indulged again and again. All the while keeping them as much as possible out of the hands of the kiddos and Z-man (hmm. . a little hypocritical Mommy?). And now I feel sluggish and out of sorts. Plus, since the day I picked up Twilight (most terrible and glorious day in recent months), my house and kids have suffered serious neglect. Now, I don’t mean to say that Social Services would in any way be concerned with what they see, but Zippy is definitely begging for attention at this point. And while Munchkin is faring better, it’s only because she’s innately more independent. And while I’m almost caught up on dishes and laundry, deep cleaning hasn’t taken place in . . .um, a while. And I’m afraid to look in the back of the fridge—I think there’s something in there that might look back. The computer is the only one that actually gets more attention now. It seems the easiest way to keep from re-vamping Twilight is to spend all my time on Twilight Moms talking about Twilight . . .and who knows what else. So, I definitely need more balance. And I can already tell it’s going to be very hard work to regain self-discipline. Plus, it’s just no fun!!!!! Ah well, I suppose I did choose to be a Mom, and a Wife, and a homemaker, and . . .my head hurts now. Well, like they say, tomorrow is a new day, and I can start again. Wait. . .who is “they”; is that what’s in the back of my fridge?!? I really need to sleep now. This is way too deep for after Pumpkin time.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I just wanted to say Welcome to the world of blogging. You have already made me chuckle. Thanks! :)