Sunday, September 13, 2009

Success

We are back from Stake Conference. I nearly didn't go--the thought of wrangling 2 kids by myself for 2 hours at church did not sound enticing. But we got dressed, packed snacks, and went. And we survived! We stayed the full 2 hours. The kids were remarkably good. Which means I didn't want to shake them until the last 20 minutes. I couldn't believe it! I didn't really hear much of the meeting, and I don't feel like I got much spiritual nourishment for myself. But I went where I was supposed to go--and I have to believe that I'll be blessed for that. And I'm teaching the kids that we go to church even when it's hard. That has to count for a few gold stars in heaven, right?

Now if I can just get my energy back up and get a few dishes done, I'll consider the day a complete and total success.

No comments: