Monday, October 3, 2011

Family Update, Again

The past week or two has been really busy. Which, of course, means that I'm behind on gathering and loading pictures. So, pictures will be coming later.

Lately we've been:


  • Celebrating Munchkin's birthday with pizza, frozen yogurt, a 3D movie for the whole family, and dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Because of schedules and sickness, the celebrations were strung out over nearly a week. Lucky Munchkin.

  • Stake Volleyball has started, and I am reminded yet again how much I hate the Z-man's schedule. Finding a babysitter every single time I want to do something on a weeknight really stinks.

  • Zippy is devouring every single book he can get his hands on. I just bought 5 more for him and I think there might be 1 he hasn't finished in the past 3 days. Yeah!!!

  • Little Man now tells me when his diaper is messy. Kinda gross, but other mothers will understand why that's exciting. Potty training and an end to diapers is on the horizon.

  • The Z-man is working a mandatory 6-day work week until further notice. Gah. As if we didn't struggle to spend time together already. Hopefully, it will only last a few weeks. Work hard and catch up on the trucks guys!!!!

  • I sang with the choir at the Relief Society General Broadcast. It was AMAZING!! I'm glad to have my Sunday evenings back, but I miss singing. I've already threatened to drop in on my sister's choirs when she's back to teaching school. "Don't mind me. . .I'm just going to join your sopranos for a few minutes."

  • General Conference (the few parts I actually heard) was wonderful. I can't wait for the November Ensign to arrive so I can actually take in everything they said.

  • I've been playing way too much on Pinterest. I keep promising the Z-man this will be the end of my obsession with magazines and tear files. I think he's a little excited about that.

  • Zippy and the Z-man survived a BAD case of stomach flu. The rest of us escaped relatively unscathed. Thank goodness. Never want to do that again. It's rare for the Z-man to be that sick, and NO ONE enjoys it.

I'm sure there's more but I don't remember it right now. Mommy brain, you know. Plus, posts without pictures aren't nearly so exciting. Hopefully, pictures to come soon.

No comments: